Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 8

Well I have made it one full week!! Honestly when I started this I was determined, but really didn't even know if I was going to make it past a few days.

So I left off on Day 6. Ick..that was a bad hair day! VERY Bad. I still think Dr. Bronner's castile soap is the best thing EVER!! After I rushed to wash with the castile soap on Wednesday night I read that I probably should have followed with a vinegar rinse. So Thursday morning I washed with water only and followed with a vinegar water rinse. If I didn't explain before, the vinegar rinse is kind of like a conditioner. It helps with detangling, and the acidity restores your hair's PH after using an alkaline wash (baking soda, etc, including the castile soap apparently). So yesterday's hair was pretty good. Good enough to be worn down all day.

Today was another water only day. This is first time I have gone two days using water only. The trick when using water only is to massage/scrub the scalp well with your fingers. I also read and seem to be finding a hot water wash and a cold water rinse work very well. I wore my hair down until about lunch time, then I felt I needed to put it up in a pony tail. I took it down later to take pics, and it looked pretty good...better than it did when I put it up.

Tomorrow I am planning on water only again, and some Dr. Bronner's on Sunday morning. Tomorrow will probably be an all day ponytail day.

On to the pics:

Day 6 after Dr. Bronner wash

Day 6 also after Dr. Bronner wash
Day 8 - 2nd day of water only washes
Day 8 also

No comments: