Thursday, August 21, 2008

How exciting!

Feeling antsy again because I didn't make anything new to list in my shop. Not to say I didn't create anything. I did, but I gave it to my son. I felt bad that I keep making things and telling him "don't touch that...please put it back with the other things for my shop". Especially since he really likes the felted things I make. So last night I sat down to make something felted for him.

A little back story on why I made what I did for him. My son is 5 (at this point he would correct me and tell you he is 5 1/2). He starts kindergarten in a few weeks, but for now is at summer camp where he went for pre-school. Last week at camp they were learning about different instruments, and they had a little concert for the parents on Friday with home made instruments. The grand finale was the class' favorite song, one they play everyday and just go crazy for...."One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater". That explained a lot as my son is always singing it at home..in the car...etc. Soooooooooo....I guess you have figured out by now what I made for my son last night. Yep...a pink elephant!!!...Nah...I'm just kidding. Of course I made a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater. Once I finished it I left it on his pillow so he would see it when he woke up. He was so excited, he had to take it to school with him for an impromtu show and tell. Normally, I wouldn't let him, but since the whole class is crazy for the purple people eater, I said ok. I will take a picture of AJ and his Purple People eater and post it here.

Oh...in all the Purple People eater frenzy I almost forgot! I was featured in another Treasury!! This was my second time, and both have occurred within one week! I'm especially excited about this one because it was an ACEO treasury. The ACEO I have listed was the first one I have ever made! Here is a link to the treasury: http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=22502

No comments: