Monday, August 25, 2008

Randomonium

I'm having a sale in my Etsy shop. http://www.knitsandnotions.etsy.com (shameless plug). I don't know if I technicially consider it a sale, but I am offering free shipping on all purchases made before Tuesday, September 2nd. Free shipping ANYWHERE...WORLDWIDE!

No new items for the shop. I spent the whole weekend fiddling around with pictures. Well..not the WHOLE weekend, but any time I spent doing Etsy related things was spent fiddling with pictures. I didn't get the halogen lamps for the lightbox yet. Maybe down the road a bit. For now, I will just work with late day natural light on the sun porch. That obviously isn't going to work for me for too long as the days are getting shorter.

I'm starting to get a little project overwhelmed. There are so many things I want to do, but when sit down to do something, I can't get into it because I'm thinking of other projects. Is that akin to thinking about someone else when you are with your significant other? I suppose as long as I don't call my needle felted items knitting by mistake the needle felted items will never know! LOL

I need to post a picture of the one eyed one horned flying purple people eater I made for AJ. I keep telling him to get his mitts off of the stuff I make for Etsy, and I felt bad. Since that is his new favorite song, I figured he'd get a kick out of it. He loved it and took it to school to show everyone since the whole class is crazy for that song.

AJ starts kindergarten next Thursday. We've been out getting school supplies. He got a new backpack and lunchbox...Spiderman of course. A drink thermos and some folders. For these he chose Cars...he does love Lightning McQueen. He was clueless when I told him I had to get him a big shirt to use as a smock. He had no idea what that was. At his school now they do their artwork with no smocks. Needless to say, many of his shirts are permanently adorned with paint.

Well...I really need to get back to work. I'm only here 4 days this week, then off all next week. OMG..that almost sounds like a vacation! Cept....we aren't going anywhere. Perhaps some day trips...I'll have to do something with him or we will drive each other crazy. Pent up AJ energy is NOT a good thing!

No comments: